Monday, September 3, 2012

Drawing I/II

 Today and tomorrow you will be creating contour line drawings using bottles from the still life cupboard. 

What you will need:
18x24 piece of paper
Pencil
Bottles for still life cupboard

Your goal:
To make ordinary bottles LOOK INTERESTING AND CREATIVE!

What you will do:

What I want it 10-12 bottles drawn on the sheet of paper.  You will want to think about the composition of the drawing.  What is composition????  Take time and discuss this as a class before you start drawing....what makes a good composition???  What makes a good bottle drawing?  Is it just the out line................no!  I want details!!!  I want to see the OUTLINES of the lights and darks in the bottle, reflections, shadows.  I want different LINE QUALITY. (What is line quality?)  I want the bottles to not look flat............I WANT YOU TO SEE! 

This assignment should take you 2 days, you should use the entire class period, if you finish in a day ask yourself this............did I have enough detail?  Did I fill my paper, is the composition interesting?  Does my drawing make someone want to look at it for seconds or 5 minutes????

Some examples of contour line drawings:



FOR WEDNESDAY:

You will need a pop can, or energy drink can, in good shape. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment